Friday, February 13, 2009

Fashion Week and STEM!


            





Check out our latest accomplishment of the week!  So STEM was so thrilled to be invited back to design the floral pieces for EXPOSE.  EXPOSE is an amazing event where new hot fashion labels get to show off their new lines and get "Exposed" to the media and press. This time back I decided that I wanted to incorporate EXPOSES logo, which is a big red apple.  I dreamt about this apple all week long, thinking and contemplating how I could construct the perfect apple to be the centerpiece of the event.  Three hours later and my vision came true and there stood my 35 pound apple!  I was so excited to try something different than just designing flowers in a vase.  I also submerged 50 red apples in the vases to really help enhance that beautiful dark red color palette.  To make the arrangement look a bit more funky I wrapped black and silver aluminum wire around the apples, it really finished off the look. This was such a fun and creative challenge, I can't wait to design more objects out of flowers! Constructing objects out of flowers is such a fresh and bold idea for company parties and events, I will recommend this all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment